Cake My Day – Philippine Festival (Fiesta)
The month of August is a month of pride for the Philippines as the country celebrates the “Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa” and “Buwan ng Kasaysayan.”
Cake My Day August cake designs should highlight any Philippine Festival because a “Fiesta” is part of being Filipino; it showcases different cultures celebrated in various towns and cities. From the colorful costumes to the traditional food and music, the “fiesta” is truly an event that showcases the creativity, resourcefulness, uniqueness, and history of the Filipino people.
THEME AND SIZE REQUIREMENTS:
- The theme for Cake My Day for the month of AUGUST is “FIESTA”.
- Give your CAKE entry a NAME based on the given theme, maximum of 5 words.
- ALL ENTRIES must be in line with the THEME for the month of August. Participants can only submit ONE cake for judging.
- ALL CAKE should only be within the SIZE REQUIREMENT.
MINIMUM HEIGHT: 12 INCHES MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 24 INCHES
Height requirement is from TOP to BOTTOM (Including the cake board, stand, cake toppers, etc. in the measurement)
- Use any PEOTRACO PRODUCT. Save the receipt for qualification and documentation purposes of Peotraco.
- Styrofoam dummies are ALLOWED.
- Use ONLY Fondant, Gum Paste, and Royal Icing for cake decoration.
- The cake board should be COVERED with Fondant.
- NON-EDIBLE decorations such as RIBBONS, PRINTED DESIGN / TOPPERS, GLITTERS, MATERIAL MADE OF PLASTIC, ACRYLICS, PAPERS, etc. are NOT ALLOWED. Entries that violate this rule may be disqualified.
- Cakes can be stacked or tiered. Multiple tiers are encouraged, but not necessary. Be conscious of the height requirement.
- Shaped or carved cakes, 2-D cakes, 3-D cakes, and sculptures are allowed.
- Any sugar media or technique may be used.
- DO NOT include Styrofoam, Figurines, and 3D Printed Mediums.
- The entry must be the actual original work of the person or people listed on the Requirements Forms.
HOW TO JOIN?
Step 1 – Register
– Fill the application with the needed information
– Upload 1 to 3 images of your previous cake creation. Preferably covered with Fondant, Gum Paste, or Royal Icing.
Application link: https://peotraco.com/cmd-application/
Please take note that the cake photo to be submitted as registration entry is DIFFERENT from the FINAL CAKE ENTRY.
Submission of application is from JULY 29, 2021 to AUGUST 5, 2021 (5PM).
Step 2 – Screening Process
Wait for PEOTRACO to announce the names of the Thirty (30) Finalists in Peotraco’s Official Facebook Page on AUGUST 9, 2021 (3PM).
Who are qualified to join?
Anyone who is an aspiring cake artist; be it a professional, student, or home baker
Who are disqualified to join?
- Participants whose designs are not original (copied and stole someone else’s design).
- Participants who failed to submit complete requirements.
- Participants who became a participant in the previous Cake My Day edition cannot join in August.
FINAL REGISTRATION (FOR THE 30 PARTICIPANTS ONLY)
Step 1 – Final Registration
The thirty (30) participants should fill-up and submit the given requirements to become a finalist
- 2×2 solo pictures in white background.
- Baking business logo (if any)
- Business card / flyers (if any)
- Original receipt or proof of purchase: Baker’s Mate Cocoa Powder 1kg and Premium Powdered Sugar 5lbs.
- Fill-up and upload the Waiver Form to be provided
Waiver: [to be sent by Peotraco Team]
Final registration form: [to be sent by Peotraco Team]
Step 2 – Progress Report
– Submit your PROGRESS REPORT by messaging us on our Facebook with your CAKE ENTRY development.
Official Facebook Account: [https://www.facebook.com/peotraco1924/]
– Send at least 2 to 4 photos and a 30 second video clip for us to monitor your work.
– Submit it on or before AUGUST 18, 2021.
Step 3 – Final Entry Submission
Prepare the following requirements for the final submission:
- Best picture of your cake entry on ALL SIDES with a meter stick
- Best picture of you beside your cake entry
- Best picture of the cake with PEOTRACO PRODUCTS used
- Best solo picture of your Cake Entry (will be used for online voting post)
- Cake name with short description
Submit your FINAL ENTRY on or before August 24, 2021 (4PM)
Final Entry Submission Format:
- Subject: SURNAME-CAKE NAME-CMDAUGUST
(Example: DELA CRUZ-HAPPYFIESTA-CMDAUGUST)
- Email body:
Please write a short description about your cake, what was the inspiration of your design, or how you came up with it.
Step 4 – Online Voting
– Online voting is for People’s Choice Award, your final cake entry photo will posted at Peotraco Food Inc.’s Official Facebook Page from AUGUST 25 (4PM) to AUGUST 27 (4PM).
– Using “auto likes” or “paid likers” is prohibited and subject to contest disqualification.
Official Facebook Account: [https://www.facebook.com/peotraco1924/]
JUDGING OF THE ENTRIES:
GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE AWARD
- Judging will be completed by a team of qualified judges selected by the Peotraco Management.
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- 25% – Overall Presentation
- 25% – Difficulty [Level of difficulty of the techniques used in designing the cake.]
- 20% – Use of PEOTRACO PRODUCTS [How many Peotraco products did they used and and how they used it.]
- 15% – Techniques Used [Number of techniques they did in designing the cake.]
- 10% – Application of the theme “Fiesta”
- 5% – Originality
PEOTRACO’s CHOICE AWARD
Entries will be evaluated by a team of qualified judges, including officials of Peotraco Food Inc.
PEOPLE’s CHOICE AWARD
The winner in this category will be the contestant with the highest amount of Facebook likes on their cake photo posted at Peotraco’s Official Facebook page from AUGUST 25 (4PM) to AUGUST 27 (4PM).
Facebook Likes / Reactions for the People’s Choice Award voting from dummy accounts and paid automatic likers are strictly PROHIBITED and become subject to contest disqualification
- Judging of cake will be live via Zoom on AUGUST 28, 2021, from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Judging will be done per batch. Schedule to be released in the Official Cake My Day July Event Group.
- Group zoom photo with the judges at the end of the event so please stand by at 3:50PM.
- Announcement of the winners will be on August 29, 2021 at 3PM.
- The judges’ decisions will be final and incontestable. All entries will be judged against the same criteria. Judging will be conducted in consensus style.
- Gold– P10,000 with Medal, Trophy & Certificate of Recognition
- Silver– P8,000 with Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Bronze– P6,000 with Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Peotraco’s Choice Award– P6,000 with Certificate of Recognition
- People’s Choice Award– P6,000 with Certificate of Recognition
All participants will receive a free Private Online Demo, Business Promotion on Facebook, Certificate of Participation, Cake My Day 2021 Shirt, and Vouchers worth P2,000.