Cake My Day – Summer Paradise
THEME AND SIZE REQUIREMENTS:
- The theme for Cake My Day 2022 May is “Summer Paradise”.
- Give a title/name to your cake (maximum of 5 words) based on the theme. Submit a short
description of your cake (maximum of 200 words).
- ALL ENTRIES must reflect the theme of the contest. Finalists can only submit one cake for judging
that will be brought to the venue.
- All cake entries MUST follow the size requirements below:
Width: 6 inch circle or 6 inch square Height: Minimum: 10 inches. Maximum: 15 inches.
Cake Board: Maximum of 10 inch width only Tier: Maximum of 2 tiers / layers
Height requirement is from the top (cake toppers/designs etch) to bottom (including cake board and stand)
5. All cake entities must submit photo and video documentation. Guidelines will be further discussed in the event briefing.
- Use Peotraco Products – including but not limited to the following:
a. Peotraco Powdered Sugar (Original, Premium, or Baker’s Mate – indicate which type was used)
b. Peotraco Gummix Fondant Improver
c. Peotraco Food Color Gels
d. Peotraco Glucose Syrup
e. Peotraco Glycerine
2. Styrofoam dummies are allowed as long as they are covered by fondant.
3. Use only Fondant, Gum paste and Royal Icing for cake decorating.
4. The cake board should be covered with fondant.
5. Cake decorations, except for columns, supports, wires and stamens, must be 100% edible.
6. Use of ribbon or other non-edible substances may cause the entry to be disqualified.
7. Do not include styrofoam topper, non-edible and ready-made figurines, printed 3D mediums both
edible and non-edible.
8. Cakes can be stacked or tiered. Multiple tier cakes are encouraged but not necessary.
conscious of the width and height requirements.
9. Shaped or carved cakes, 2-D, or 3-D cakes and sculptures are allowed.
10.Any sugar art or technique may be used.
11.The entry must be the original work of the listed participants. Taking inspiration from others’
work and techniques is acceptable, but copying others’ designs is not allowed.
HOW TO JOIN?
Step 1 – Fill-up the online application form.
The registration form requests for personal information, business information, and the uploading of at least THREE (3) high quality images of previous cake creations. Preferably covered with fondant, gum paste, or royal icing. Take note that the cake photo to be submitted is DIFFERENT from the FINAL CAKE ENTRY.
● Entries will be judged based on your submitted images. Make sure that the submitted photos display is made by the applicant and the details of your cake are clear.
● To give opportunity to more people, previous participants from Cake My Day for the last four (4) years (2017-2021) will be declined.
Applications are open from APRIL 6, 2022 TO APRIL 17, 2022 (3PM).
Who is qualified to join?
Anyone who is an aspiring cake artist; be it a professional, student, or home baker
Who is disqualified to join?
– Partner distributors and their employees, judges and their affiliates, Peotraco employees,
agents, officers, directors, and their relatives, are not eligible to join this competition for
– Participants whose designs are not original (copied or used someone else’s design).
– Participants who failed to submit complete requirements.
Wait for Peotraco Food Inc. to announce the names of the thirty (30) selected participants in the Official Facebook page on APRIL 20, 2022. Keep your lines open as you will be contacted by our coordinators.
Attend the participants briefing on APRIL 26, 2022 and submit the requirements by MAY 2, 2022. Guidelines, forms, and links will be shared via email and Facebook.
Phase 1 – Final Registration
Finalists must prepare the following requirements for the registration procedure:
● Scanned copy of Philippine issued government valid ID
● Baking Business Logo (optional)
● Business Card/Flyers (optional)
● Receipts of 3 Peotraco product items:
1. Baker’s Mate Cocoa Powder (1 kg)
2. Premium Powdered Sugar (5 lbs)
3. Assorted Food Color Gel (1 box – 12 pcs. by 25g)
Receipt must be dated starting APRIL 5, 2022. Save a picture of the receipt for qualification and documentation purposes.
● Waiver Form with complete details and signature.
● Link for final requirements will be provided.
Phase 2 – Progress Report
Submit your PROGRESS REPORT by messaging us on our Facebook account at
https://www.facebook.com/peotraco1924/ with your CAKE ENTRY development.
Send at least 2 to 4 photos and a 30 second video clip for us to monitor your work.
Submit it on or before MAY 10, 2022.
Phase 3 – Final Entry Submission
Prepare the following requirements for final entry – May 18 (3PM)
- Best picture of your cake entry on ALL SIDES with a meter stick
- Best picture of you beside your cake entry
- Best picture of the cake with PEOTRACO PRODUCTS used
- Best solo picture of your Cake Entry (will be used for online voting post)
- Cake name with short description
Submit your Final entry May 19 (1-4PM) at Pacific Grand Ballroom, Waterfront Hotel & Casino, Cebu City for WOFEX Visayas 2022.
Final Entry Submission Format:
Phase 4 – Online Voting
For People’s Choice Award, your final cake entry photo will be posted at Peotraco Food Inc.’s Official
Facebook Page from May 20, 2022 (10AM) to May 22, 2022 (11:59AM).
Phase 5 - Judging and Announcement of Winners
Announcement of winners will be on May 22, 2022 (2:30PM after the demo).
JUDGING OF THE ENTRIES:
GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE AWARD
- Judging will be completed by a team of qualified judges selected by the Peotraco Management.
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- 20% – Overall Presentation
- 15% – Technique of Difficulties
- 25% – Use of PEOTRACO PRODUCTS
- 15% –Application of the theme “Summer Paradise”
- 15% – Creativity and Originality
- 5% – Structure and Support
- 5% – Neatness
PEOTRACO’s CHOICE AWARD
With the help of the Judges, Peotraco Food Inc. represented by its General Manager, Ms. Abigail See, will choose and discuss the scores of each participant and determine the winner for Peotraco’s Choice Award.
PEOPLE’s CHOICE AWARD
The winner in this category will be the contestant with the highest amount of Facebook likes on their
cake photo posted at Peotraco’s Official Facebook page from May 20, 2022 (10AM) to May 22, 2022 (11:59AM).
Boosting or sponsored posts are both prohibited in the online voting portion. Any participant found to
have a boosted post will be on the grounds for disqualification for the said award.
The judges’ decisions will be final and incontestable. Contestants will all be judged with the same
criteria. Judging will be conducted in a consensus style. Entries are only judged according to the criteria listed above.
- Gold– P10,000 with Medal, Trophy & Certificate of Recognition
- Silver– P8,000 with Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Bronze– P6,000 with Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Peotraco’s Choice Award– P5,000 with Certificate of Recognition
- People’s Choice Award– P3,000 with Certificate of Recognition
All participants will receive privilege to attend a live demo,, Business Promotion on Facebook, Certificate of Participation, Peotraco merchandise, and an Voucher worth P2, 000 to be redeemed at participating partner distributor stores nationwide.