CAKE MY DAY !
HOW TO JOIN
- Submit high-quality photos of your previous cake creations (maximum of THREE): Click – Registration Link
* One to three photos per applicant. Most preferably covered with Fondant, Gum Paste, or Royal Icing.
* The cake photo you’ll submit is DIFFERENT from the final cake entry.
- Entries will be judged based on your submitted image/s. Please make sure that the submitted photos display the details of your cakes clearly, as these are our only basis for evaluating your skills. We reserve the right to select the participants based on our own assessments. We only accept cakes made by the applicant.
- Those who have registered before can still register and join Cake My Day event. To give this opportunity to more people, the previous chosen participants and winners is prohibited from joining. We will also decline applications from previously accepted Cake My Day Participants for the last three years (2017 – 2019).
- Peotraco Food Inc. shall select only THIRTY (30) participants from among the entries.
- Submission of entries is from May 15, 2021 (3 PM) until May 22, 2021 (2 PM) only.
- There are FOUR (4) categories for this year’s CAKE MY DAY, namely: Flores De Mayo, June Wedding, Bahay Kubo, and Gigantes Festival.
THEME AND SIZE REQUIREMENTS:
The theme for the “Cake My Day 10th Edition” during this month of June 2021 is “Wedding”.
Name your cake based on our theme requirement.
All entries must reflect the theme of the contest. Entrants may only submit one cake for judging.
All cake entries should ONLY have the size requirements below:
- HEIGHT: Minimum 12 inches, Maximum 24 inches, from the top (cake toppers, designs, etc.) to bottom (including cake board and stand)
- Use any Peotraco Product. Save the receipt for qualification and documentation purposes of Peotraco.
- Styrofoam dummies are allowed.
- Use only Fondant, Gum Paste, and Royal Icing for cake decorating.
- The cake board should be covered with fondant.
- Non-edible decorations such as ribbons, printed designs & toppers, glitters, plastics, acrylics, and etc. will NOT be permitted. Entries that violate this rule may be disqualified.
- Do not include styrofoam, figurines, and 3D printed mediums.
- Cakes can be stacked or tiered. Multiple tiers are encouraged, but not necessary. Be conscious of the height requirement.
- Shaped or carved cakes, 2-D cakes, 3-D cakes, and sculptures are allowed.
- Any sugar media or technique may be used.
- The entry must be the actual original work of the person or people listed on the Requirements Forms.
- Taking inspiration from others’ work and techniques is acceptable, but copies are not acceptable.
JUDGING OF THE ENTRIES
Gold, Silver, Bronze Award
- Judging will be completed by a team of qualified judges selected by the Peotraco Management.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
25% – Overall Presentation
25% – Technique of Difficulties
20% – Use of PEOTRACO PRODUCTS
15% – Techniques Used
10% – Application of the theme “Wedding”
5% – Originality
Peotraco’s Choice Award
- Entries will be evaluated by a team of qualified judges, including officials, and Peotraco employees.
People Choice Award
- The winner will be the contestant with the highest amount of FB likes on their cake photo posted at the Peotraco FB Page from June 9, 2021, to June 11, 2021.
- Judging of cake will be live via Zoom on June 14, 2021, from 1 PM to 4 PM.
- The judges’ decisions will be final and incontestable. All entries will be judged against the same criteria. Judging will be conducted in consensus style.
- Gold – P10,000 w/ CMD Medal, Trophy & Certificate of Recognition
- Silver – P8,000 w/ CMD Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Bronze – P6,000 w/ CMD Medal & Certificate of Recognition
- Peotraco’s Choice Award – P5,000 w/ Certificate of Recognition
- People’s Choice Award – P5,000 w/ Certificate of Recognition
All participants will receive a free Private Online Demo, Business Promotion on Facebook, Certificate of Participation, Cake My Day 2021 (10th Edition) Shirt, and Vouchers worth P2,000